Video & Sound Production FINAL COMPILATION & REFLECTION
Video & Sound Production
23/09/2024-- 03/11/2024 (Week 1-Week6)Zhang WanRu / 0368214
Video & Sound Production / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
INSTRUCTIONS
Links to blog
Week 2
Video Editing Exercises
Doritos final edited video:https://youtu.be/kH2fzazqhM0
Fig1.2 Doritos final edited
video, Week2
Week 3 / Shooting & Editing Practice
Final Shoot and Editing: https://youtu.be/fRCCV-gYfSw
Fig 1.3 Final Shoot and Editing, Week3
Project 1
Project 1 / Exercise 1: Audio Dubbing
Final Audio Dubbing:
Fig 2.1 Final Audio Dubbing
Final Project 1 Exercise 1 Audio Dubbing
Submission
Project 1 Exercise 1 Audio Dubbing Submission
slide:
Project 1 / Exercise 2: Sound Shaping
Sound Shaping Google Drive Link:
Alien/ Orc voice
Fig 2.2 Alien/ Orc voice
Voice coming from inside of the closet:
Fig 2.3 Voice coming from inside of the closet
Underground cave:
Fig 2.4 Underground cave
Voice of phone call:
Fig 2.5 Voice of phone call
Voice of toilet/bathroom:
Fig 2.6 Voice of toilet/bathroom
Project 2
Submission link:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19NBSz7zQae9Eb1BmFRllFm_Qp_VfBPRJ/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111723084272002082209&rtpof=true&sd=true
Project 2 / Exercise 1: Production Shoot
Fig 3.1 Final Production Shoot
Project 2 / Exercise 2: Insta & TikTok
Insta / TikTok Proposal link:
The Final Insta YouTube link: https://youtube.com/shorts/SKGEZvd9wNM
Fig 3.2 Final Insta/ TikTok
Final Project
Final Project Proposal link:
Final stop motion video link:https://youtu.be/qUvCCemZw0U
Fig 4.1 Final stop motion video, Week13 (17/12/2024)
Reflection
When reviewing the various creative experiences I participated in this semester, I have a deeper reflection on my learning process and growth. From the production of paper-cut stop-motion animation to the practice of video editing and sound design, each step made me feel the challenges and gains in the creative process.
First of all, patience and meticulousness are the most important qualities I have learned from these works. In the production of paper-cut stop-motion animation, every paper cut and every frame adjustment requires a high degree of precision and patience. Although the progress is sometimes slow, it is this attention to detail that ultimately achieves the quality of the work. Especially during the shooting process, I realized that small changes in angles and light adjustments can have a huge impact on the effect, so advance planning and meticulous preparation are particularly important.
Secondly, I have a deeper understanding of teamwork. Whether in video production, dubbing, or paper-cut stop-motion animation, I have experienced the power of cooperation. In the cooperation with partners, we each take on different responsibilities, complement each other, and jointly promote the project. Through good division of labor and tacit cooperation, efficiency can be improved and problems can be solved in a timely manner. However, I also found that in the process of cooperation, communication is the key to solving problems. Clearly discussing details and expected goals can avoid repeated revisions and unnecessary time waste. In addition, I also realized that the combination of creativity and technology is crucial to creation. When doing video editing and sound shaping, I learned a lot of technical operation skills, such as how to adjust colors and how to use sound effects to enhance the atmosphere of the picture. However, simple technical operations are not enough to make a work wonderful, creativity is the key. Through the clever use of color, sound, and lens, the emotion and atmosphere of the work are sublimated. Especially in sound design, I deeply understand that sound is not only a tool for language expression, but also a key element to enhance the emotional expression and artistic expression of the work.
Finally, looking back on the entire creative process, I realized that every task, whether it is technical operation or creative exploration, is inseparable from sufficient preliminary preparation and meticulous planning. Only by fully anticipating and preparing for each link in the early stage can we avoid unnecessary obstacles in actual production and improve efficiency and quality.
In general, through these creative practices, I have not only improved my technical operation ability, but also made great progress in teamwork, communication, creative expression, etc. In future creations, I will pay more attention to details and advance preparation to further improve my creative level and teamwork ability.
Finally, I would like to express my special thanks to Mr. Martin for his guidance and support. Throughout the creative process, Mr. Martin not only provided us with valuable technical guidance, but also gave us a lot of inspiration in terms of creativity and teamwork. He patiently explained the techniques of video production and sound design, which enabled me to master key operations more quickly and gain a deep understanding of the relationship between technology and emotional expression in artistic creation. With his help, I not only improved my professional skills, but also learned how to maintain a patient and meticulous attitude in my creation. Thank you Mr. Martin for your careful teaching. Your support has made my learning journey more fulfilling and meaningful.



Comments
Post a Comment