Video & Sound Production project 1
Video & Sound Production
22/9/2024 - 31/9/2024 (Week1-Week5)Zhang WanRu / 0368214
Video & Sound Production / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
INSTRUCTIONS
Audio Dubbing
1.Complete the spreadsheet breakdown
2.Record all dialogues with your phone (import to premiere)
3.Prepare all hard sound effects (import to premiere)
4.Prepare ambient sound (import to premiere)
5.Place audio files on timeline and sync it with video.
Audio track:
3 tracks for dialogue, one character, one track.
4 tracks for sound effects,
3 tracks for ambience sound.
Edit voice from female to male, male to female, human to cute animal/adult to kid: Premiere Pro → Audio Effects → Pitch Shifter → Semi tones. Volume: Dialogue: between -6dB & -12dB, Ambience: below -20dB, Hard sound effects: Depend.)
SpreadsheetBreakdown:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I4eH6JVy9xJSAHmS0ZRtZpds5983sJt14SIrsZHEtw8/edit?usp=sharing
Fig 1.2Recording page
After I recorded all the conversations, I converted it to mp4, preferably imported into Adobe Premiere Pro.
Fig 1.3 Editing process
After recording, I didn't expect to sound like that, so I asked my roommate to help me record. After that, I lowered the tone by one semitone using the effects plugin and Pitch Shifter.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GOS8fMnCarili_C3BRC0GZER2x3MX8bG/view?usp=sharing
Fig 1.5 Final Audio Dubbing
Fig1.6 Week 3 Asynchronous class quiz result
Week 3 asynchronous class materials reflection:Through this exercise, I learned and understood how to do audio editing and dubbing, and the whole process was exciting for me. In the video without sound, I need to imagine the effect of sound, but also consider the collocation of intonation, reasonable dubbing can make the whole video picture appear harmonious and unified.From the beginning, I felt it was a little difficult to complete this task by myself, because I did not have a good grasp of the English tone. So I decided to ask for help, I asked my roommate for help, because her English is very good, she was very willing to help me, taught me a lot of useful advice and support on this tone expression.I am very grateful for her help, because with her assistance, the whole dubbing process became more smooth, and I learned a lot of valuable experience.
Final Project 1 Exercise 1 Audio Dubbing Submission
Project 1 Exercise 1 Audio Dubbing Submission slide: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-8kkHbMJs5Q8rupBVuUGRrwifIUO9Dzm/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111723084272002082209&rtpof=true&sd=true
Project Sound Shaping
·Voice of phone call.
·Voice coming from inside of the closet.
·Voice of toilet/bathroom.
·Underground cave.
·Alien/ Orc voice
ALL Sound Shaping Google Drive link:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1n4S16nJcwFsKn4cJN6qy65MRJP6rxOEQ?usp=sharing
Fig 2.1Recording page
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xvv1jcOS_KKFu8GwI9siNTRHr6W4eRG1/view?usp=sharing1.Voice of phone call
Fig 2.2Voice of phone call process
2.Voice coming from inside of the closet
Fig 2.3 Voice coming from inside of the closet process
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a7VuEmBdvS5U14wKUUkFYzL4WqeGjZGg/view?usp=drive_link3.·Voice of toilet/bathroom
Fig 2.4 Voice of toilet/bathroom process
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ms1Zm_oG6YB_lByPd6nxYIYFsBN4DaUV/view?usp=drive_link4.Underground cave
Fig 2.4 Underground cave process
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JYjLnp0IwTYxttGS-1o-NzX3AO6NSUEa/view?usp=drive_link5.Alien/ Orc voice
Fig 2.5 Alien/ Orc voice process
Reflection
Experience:
Through this dubbing and voice shaping exercise, I have accumulated a lot of valuable experience. In terms of dubbing, I first faced the challenge of not being proficient in English intonation, and I found it difficult to perfectly grasp the intonation and rhythm of dubbing. In order to overcome this problem, I decided to seek help and ask my roommate who speaks fluent English for advice. She patiently explained many intonation techniques to me and gave me a lot of practical advice. With her help, I gradually mastered the dubbing skills, which made the whole dubbing process smoother and the video picture and sound better combined. This experience taught me how to overcome difficulties through cooperation and made me realize the importance of teamwork.
Observation:
When doing voice shaping, I observed that the effect and change of sound have a great impact on the creation. Especially in videos without sound, dubbing needs to pay more attention to details and intonation, because only reasonable dubbing can make the video content and the picture harmonious and unified. When doing sound shaping, I also noticed that different effect processing, such as the sound of talking in the bathroom or the effect of turning the sound into an alien, can bring completely different visual feelings. This subtle adjustment will make the work more creative and attractive, and also make me pay more attention to the coordination between sound and vision.
Finding:
In this exercise, I found that the shaping of sound is far more diverse than I thought. Through simple techniques, I can not only make my voice more vivid and interesting, but also create many interesting effects, such as simulating aliens and bathroom echoes. Especially when I learned how to change the sound through YouTube, I was surprised to find that sound is not only a tool for expressing language, but also an important part of artistic creation. This exercise made me understand the infinite possibilities of sound and aroused my strong interest in sound creation.
Through this dubbing and voice shaping exercise, I have accumulated a lot of valuable experience. In terms of dubbing, I first faced the challenge of not being proficient in English intonation, and I found it difficult to perfectly grasp the intonation and rhythm of dubbing. In order to overcome this problem, I decided to seek help and ask my roommate who speaks fluent English for advice. She patiently explained many intonation techniques to me and gave me a lot of practical advice. With her help, I gradually mastered the dubbing skills, which made the whole dubbing process smoother and the video picture and sound better combined. This experience taught me how to overcome difficulties through cooperation and made me realize the importance of teamwork.
Observation:
When doing voice shaping, I observed that the effect and change of sound have a great impact on the creation. Especially in videos without sound, dubbing needs to pay more attention to details and intonation, because only reasonable dubbing can make the video content and the picture harmonious and unified. When doing sound shaping, I also noticed that different effect processing, such as the sound of talking in the bathroom or the effect of turning the sound into an alien, can bring completely different visual feelings. This subtle adjustment will make the work more creative and attractive, and also make me pay more attention to the coordination between sound and vision.
Finding:
In this exercise, I found that the shaping of sound is far more diverse than I thought. Through simple techniques, I can not only make my voice more vivid and interesting, but also create many interesting effects, such as simulating aliens and bathroom echoes. Especially when I learned how to change the sound through YouTube, I was surprised to find that sound is not only a tool for expressing language, but also an important part of artistic creation. This exercise made me understand the infinite possibilities of sound and aroused my strong interest in sound creation.
.jpeg)













Comments
Post a Comment