Video & Sound Production Final Project

 Video & Sound Production

23/09/2024-- 17/12/2024

Zhang WanRu / 0368214

Video & Sound Production / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Instructions

Project2

Week1
In the first week, Martin guided us to watch stop-motion videos and asked me to share my 3 favorite stop-motion shots.

The link:

1.Mother and daughter, Belle and Aria
Fig 1.1 Mother and daughter, Belle and Aria
I like the Sylvanians Families very much, and when I saw this rabbit I loved it immediately. This story tells the heartwarming moment when mother and daughter Belle and Arya from the Senbel family bake a cake together. Arya secretly adds her favorites chocolate, and though Belle is a little confused at first, she quickly accepts the surprise. At last, her mother made a cake of chocolate, which made Arya very happy. This story makes me feel the love between mother and daughter very warm. Although Arya made a little gesture, Belle was tolerant of her and made a cake that the child liked. These interactions are fun and full of happiness.
2. Archie
Fig 1.2 Archie
When I watch this story, it tells a warm with a bit of sadness. The light and shadow effects in this picture are soft and warm. The main character is a dog, but what I find interesting is that it has a dog of its own, very unique way of setting it. Dogs symbolize loyalty, and this story emphasizes the importance of cherishing loved ones while they are still around. The most touching thing is the end of the story, the photo of mother and son that had been washed away by the heavy rain unexpectedly reappeared in front of the house. I was pleasantly surprised by the scene. I really like the content of this story.
3.Adopt Don't Shop
Fig 1.3 Adopt Don't Shop

I liked it very much when I saw this video. Because it really reflects today's society for the sale of small animals a lot, and even some homeless small animals are mutilated. We should care more about these small animals and provide them with a home so that they can feel the equality of the society. He advocated a very good idea, and a very good idea for small animals, to encourage people to adopt homeless animals instead of buying them. They are not an exchange of money.


Week7
In week7, we had a stop motion shooting practice. Below is our group member. Our group was divided into two teams: the Cutout Team and the Claymation Team.
CLAYMATION
Art director : Eddie
Director : Viineshkumar
Camera cum lighting : Hou Xinran (Ashley)
Animator 01 : Nicole
Animator 02 : Ji Cheng
Animator 03 : Yee Theng

CUTOUT STOP MOTION
Art director : Aaron
Director : Guang yan
Camera cum lighting : Wang Yifan
Animator 01 :ZHANGWANRU 
Animator 02 : Ivory

Fig 2.1 Stop motion shooting practice (CUTOUT STOP MOTION), Week7
After completing the shooting, we shared our final shots in the group. These shots will be used for stop motion editing in Week 9.
Fig 2.2  Google Drive (stop motion practice), Week7

Week9
In week 9, we practiced the stop motion editing in class.
Fig 2.3 process
Link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BNrMITZcjUEL7NMGB7P9IZr0764D0jnf/view?usp=sharing


Final Project-Stop Motion


Student 1 Name:IVORY FONG XUAN

Student 1 ID:0363372

Student 2 Name:ZHANG WAN RU

Student 2 ID:0368214


Final Project Proposal link:

At the beginning, my partner and I started discussing what theme we should do. When I saw the Christmas supermarket promotions, many places were doing promotions.All we have is the Toy Park Big Sale.
Fig 3.1 Storyboard
Then my partner and I started preparing the face-changing shots that needed to be taken, as well as the background images that would be needed.
Fig 3.2 Paper-cutting photo shoot preparation  (12/12/2024)
Once the shooting was completed, I uploaded all the clips to my Google Drive.

Fig 3.3 Stop Motions 
Then I started editing.

Fig 3.4 Process

Final stop motion video link:https://youtu.be/qUvCCemZw0U
Fig 3.5 Final stop motion video, Week13 (17/12/2024)


Reflection

In the process of shooting paper-cut stop-motion animation with my partner, I deeply experienced the charm of teamwork and creative practice, and also realized some areas that need improvement.
In the production process, the meticulousness of paper-cutting and the accuracy of placement have a direct impact on the final effect. In order to make the picture smooth, we need to treat every tiny adjustment carefully, which makes me understand the importance of patience and meticulousness. However, due to insufficient control of light and angle during shooting, the continuity of some shots is not ideal, and even the changes in angle adjustment remind us that we need to consider the shooting conditions more carefully during the preliminary preparation.
Division of labor and cooperation with partners is an indispensable part of the whole process. We give full play to our respective strengths, one is responsible for designing and making paper-cut images, and the other focuses on placement and shooting, and cooperates tacitly. However, in communication, we also found that if some detailed ideas are discussed clearly in advance, the time for repeated modifications can be reduced.
Through this attempt, I not only learned the basic operation of stop-motion animation, but also became more aware of the importance of planning and communication. If I have the opportunity to make similar works in the future, I will pay more attention to preliminary preparation and division of labor, so as to improve production efficiency and work quality.





Comments

Popular Posts