Video & Sound Production Project 2
Video & Sound Production
23/09/2024-- 03/11/2024 (Week 1-Week6)Zhang WanRu / 0368214
Video & Sound Production / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Project 2
Submission link:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19NBSz7zQae9Eb1BmFRllFm_Qp_VfBPRJ/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111723084272002082209&rtpof=true&sd=true
A:Production Shoot Briefing
In week 5, we needed to shoot scenes based on original video
clips using EEAAO. Here is the storyboard provided by Ms.
Martin. We need to shoot according to the storyline.
Fig 1.1 Storyboard
Crew list: EDLIN RAIHANA BINTI MOHAMAD FIRDAUS,HUANG JIA
QI,IVORY FONG XUAN,LAW JI CHENG ,LOW GUANG YAN,NICOLE
FRANCES ANAK FRANKLIN,PHANG YEE THENG,VIINESHKUMAR A/L
MURUGAN,WANG YI FAN,ZHANG WAN RU,HOU XIN RAN,CAI
YILA
Producer : Aaron
Director :Viinesh
Assist. D. : Ivory
D.O.P : Eddie
Assist. Camera: Nicole
Lighting crew : 1.Wan ru 2.Yee Theng
Art Director :Aaron
Location Sound: 1.Law Ji Cheng 2. Wang Yi Fan,
Boom Operator:Wang yi fan
Main actors :1.Guang Yan 2.Ashley
Extra : Yee Theng
Director :Viinesh
Assist. D. : Ivory
D.O.P : Eddie
Assist. Camera: Nicole
Lighting crew : 1.Wan ru 2.Yee Theng
Art Director :Aaron
Location Sound: 1.Law Ji Cheng 2. Wang Yi Fan,
Boom Operator:Wang yi fan
Main actors :1.Guang Yan 2.Ashley
Extra : Yee Theng
Editing
Color Correction vs Color Grading
Fig 1.4 Color correction process,
Colour grade your dancing video:
1st W.S: Teal & Orange3x Single shot: Bluish (cold),
Greenish (cold), Brownish (warm)
M.S: NEUTRAL (Post white balance,Balance RGB)
M.C.U: NEUTRAL (Desaturation, 50%-70%)
C.U & E.C.U: B &W,High Contrast
End sht W.S: NEUTRAL(Increase Saturation 120%)
Fig 1.6 process
Youtube link:https://youtu.be/O1N-Nc1ltpI
B :Insta / TikTok
We need to make a short video about ourselves, an aspect of our
personality, or any subject we care about. The following lens sizes
must be included in the video:
Close-Up shot
Frontal MCU (soft background)
Frontal MS (soft background)
¾ angling MCU shot (with blurry/soft foreground)
Low angle Wide shot
Insta / TikTok Proposal link:
Fig process
Close-Up shotLow angle Wide shot
Frontal MS (soft background)
¾ angling MCU shot (with blurry/soft foreground)
Frontal MCU (soft background)
The Final Insta:
Fig Final Insta/ TikTok
YouTube link:https://youtube.com/shorts/SKGEZvd9wNMReflection
Experience:
Through this shooting and the process of shooting TikTok videos by myself, I deeply realized the importance of camera angles, light sources and post-production color grading. During the shooting, I found that different camera angles can greatly affect the effect of the picture. For example, low angles can enhance the momentum of the characters, while high angles bring a sense of looking down. The use of light sources is also crucial. Soft light creates a sense of warmth, while strong light sources produce dramatic effects. In addition, I also learned how to debug image quality and color in the Adobe Premiere Pro application, adjust color temperature, contrast and saturation, and enhance the overall effect of the video. This made me realize that shooting is not just as simple as pointing the lens. The work of each position is very important, and the collaboration of the team can ensure the completion of the work. The whole process allowed me to have a deeper understanding of the details of video creation and aroused my strong interest in shooting and post-production.
Observation:
In the process of sound shaping, I deeply realized the importance of sound to the atmosphere and creative expression of the work, especially in videos without original sound. The dubbing needs to pay special attention to details and emotional expression to make the sound and the picture fit perfectly. By trying different sound effects, such as simulating the echo in the bathroom or transforming the sound into the electronic sound of aliens, I found that these subtle adjustments can not only strengthen the atmosphere of the scene, but also add layers and fun to the work. At the same time, I also realized that the coordination of sound and vision is a dynamic dialogue. The sound should highlight the mood of the picture, but not be overwhelming. This attempt made me understand more clearly that sound design is an indispensable part of creation. In the future, I hope to continue to explore the expressiveness of sound to make the work more vivid and attractive.
Finding:
In this exercise, I deeply felt that the richness and creativity of sound shaping far exceeded my imagination. Sound is not only a tool for expressing language, but also an important part of artistic creation, which can give the work unique emotions and vitality. In the process of trying, I used some simple techniques to make my voice more vivid and interesting. At the same time, I tried a variety of sound effects, such as simulating alien sounds or creating bathroom echo effects, adding different atmospheres and layers to the work. By learning the skills of sound change on YouTube, I found that sound is not only a supporting role in the picture, but also the protagonist of the creation. Whether it is expressing emotions with tone changes or enhancing the realism of the scene with environmental sound effects, it shows the infinite possibilities of sound. This exercise gave me a new understanding of the artistry of sound design and also inspired my strong interest in sound creation. I hope to continue to study sound design techniques in depth in the future, explore the integration of sound and other creative elements, and create more vivid and unique works.
Through this shooting and the process of shooting TikTok videos by myself, I deeply realized the importance of camera angles, light sources and post-production color grading. During the shooting, I found that different camera angles can greatly affect the effect of the picture. For example, low angles can enhance the momentum of the characters, while high angles bring a sense of looking down. The use of light sources is also crucial. Soft light creates a sense of warmth, while strong light sources produce dramatic effects. In addition, I also learned how to debug image quality and color in the Adobe Premiere Pro application, adjust color temperature, contrast and saturation, and enhance the overall effect of the video. This made me realize that shooting is not just as simple as pointing the lens. The work of each position is very important, and the collaboration of the team can ensure the completion of the work. The whole process allowed me to have a deeper understanding of the details of video creation and aroused my strong interest in shooting and post-production.
Observation:
In the process of sound shaping, I deeply realized the importance of sound to the atmosphere and creative expression of the work, especially in videos without original sound. The dubbing needs to pay special attention to details and emotional expression to make the sound and the picture fit perfectly. By trying different sound effects, such as simulating the echo in the bathroom or transforming the sound into the electronic sound of aliens, I found that these subtle adjustments can not only strengthen the atmosphere of the scene, but also add layers and fun to the work. At the same time, I also realized that the coordination of sound and vision is a dynamic dialogue. The sound should highlight the mood of the picture, but not be overwhelming. This attempt made me understand more clearly that sound design is an indispensable part of creation. In the future, I hope to continue to explore the expressiveness of sound to make the work more vivid and attractive.
Finding:
In this exercise, I deeply felt that the richness and creativity of sound shaping far exceeded my imagination. Sound is not only a tool for expressing language, but also an important part of artistic creation, which can give the work unique emotions and vitality. In the process of trying, I used some simple techniques to make my voice more vivid and interesting. At the same time, I tried a variety of sound effects, such as simulating alien sounds or creating bathroom echo effects, adding different atmospheres and layers to the work. By learning the skills of sound change on YouTube, I found that sound is not only a supporting role in the picture, but also the protagonist of the creation. Whether it is expressing emotions with tone changes or enhancing the realism of the scene with environmental sound effects, it shows the infinite possibilities of sound. This exercise gave me a new understanding of the artistry of sound design and also inspired my strong interest in sound creation. I hope to continue to study sound design techniques in depth in the future, explore the integration of sound and other creative elements, and create more vivid and unique works.














Comments
Post a Comment