APPLICATION DESIGN / FINAL PROJECT : HI-FI APP DESIGN PROTOTYPE
Application Design I Final Project: Hi-Fi App Design Prototype
Zhang Wan Ru 0368214
16/07/2025—04/08/2025 (Week 13—Week 15)
Application Design I / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media / Taylor's University
We will
integrate
the
insights
gained
from Tasks
1, 2, and
3 and
apply them
to Task 4
to build
unified
visual
assets and
further
refine the
prototype
into a
finished
interface
with full
functionality
and
real-world
usage
experience.
|
| Fig. 1.3 Overall Color Palette for app |
I retained the iconic colors of Duolingo, but chose blue as the primary color. Blue evokes professionalism, trust, rationality, and calmness, which better represents the commercial version of Duolingo Pro.
In Duolingo, when users answer questions incorrectly, their energy (hearts) will be deducted. Once the energy is exhausted, they will not be able to continue learning unless they wait for it to be restored, use gems to purchase it, or complete additional practice tasks to restore the energy.
- Primarily monetizing through subscription services (Duolingo Super/Pro).
- Supplementary methods include advertising and virtual item purchases.
Hi-Fi App Design Prototype:
View the Hi-Fi App Design on Canva [HERE]
Through this project, I learned how to redesign an app by balancing professional content with an engaging user experience. I tried to adapt Duolingo’s playful and colorful style into a version more suitable for business English learners. It was my first time designing features like community practice groups, spin-the-wheel rewards, and error analysis pages, so I had to explore a lot of new tools and techniques. Sometimes I felt stuck, especially when connecting complex user flows or dealing with screen variations, but after watching tutorials and testing repeatedly, I managed to figure things out.
As I worked on the prototype, I realized how important it is to keep the design consistent and user-friendly. Too many colors, fonts, or confusing layouts could make the app look messy. I paid extra attention to using the same elements, organizing information clearly, and maintaining clean visual flow. I also noticed that small things like button placement, feedback messages, or even whether a pop-up disrupts the flow can impact how users feel when using the app.
Although the process was challenging, especially since I had to complete it in just a few weeks, I was proud of how much I learned. From creating the persona and user journey to building the wireframe and final high-fidelity prototype, I saw real progress in my thinking and design skills. This experience helped me understand that UI/UX design is not only about making things look good but also about making sure users can navigate and learn smoothly.
I would like to give special thanks to Mr. Zeon and Mr. Sylvain for their guidance and support throughout the project. Their feedback helped me stay on track, improve my ideas, and push my work further than I could have on my own.
















Comments
Post a Comment