TYPOGRAPHY - FINAL COMPILATION & REFLECTION

 TYPOGRAPHY - FINAL COMPILATION & REFLECTION

19/7/2024 - 26/7/2024 (Week13-Week14)

Zhang Wan Ru/ 0368214

Typography / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media / Taylors University

Final Compilation & Reflection

INSTRUCTIONS

Task 1:  Exercise

Task 2: Typographic Exploration & Communication

Task 3: Type Design &Communication

SUBMISSIONS

Task 1: Exercise 1 - Type Expression

22/04/2024-31/05/2024(week1-week5)
Fig.1.1.Final Type Expression - JPEG. Week3(10/04/2024)



                                       Fig.1.2 Final Type Expression - PDF, Week 4(17/05/2024)
Fig 1.3 Final Animated Type Expression"JUMP"-GIF,Week4(17/5/2024)

Task 1: Exercises 2 - Formatting Text
Fig.1.4.Final layout -JPEG(27/05/2024)

 
Fig.1.5Text Formatting Final layout -PDF(27/05/2024)

Fig 1.6  Final Layout  with Grid - JPEG(27/05/2024)
     

 
Fig 。1.7 Final Layout  with Grid - PDF(27/05/2024)
HEAD LINE
Font/s: Bembo Std
Type Size/s: 72 pt
Leading: 36 pt
Paragraph spacing: 0 

BODY
Font/s: Bembo Std
Type Size/s: 9 pt
Leading: 11 pt
Paragraph spacing: 11 pt
Characters per-line: 57
Alignment: left justified 

Margins: 123 mm top, 26 mm left + right + bottom
Columns: 2
Gutter: 10 mm
Task 2: Exercise 1 - Type Expression
Fig.1.8 final layout - JPEG(14/06/2024)


                                                     Fig.1.9 Final layout- PDF (14/06/2024)

Fig.1.10 Final layout with Grids-JPEG(14/06/2024)
                               Fig.1.11Final layout with Grid -PDF(14/06/2024)

Head
Font: Futura Std

Body
Font: Futura Std
Font size :10 pt
Text Leading :12 pt
Paragraph spacing :12 pt
Line Length (55–65/50–60 characters)
Alignment: left justified

Margins: 10 mm
Gutter: 5 mm

Final Task 3: Type Design and Communication
Fig. 1.12FontLab Screen grab(12/07/2024)

Fig .1.13Final Task 3: Type Design and Communication "Zhang" - JPEG(

                    Fig .1.14 Final Task 3: Type Design and Communication "Zhang" - PDF(12/07/2024)




Fig . Final Poster - JPEG(12/07/2024)

                                                         Fig . Final Poster - PDF (12/07/2024)

RE FLECTION 

Experience:
Through these tasks, I learned a lot about typography. I learned to use Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and FontLab, which was very important for my later studies. Each time the homework is done, the teacher gives feedback and points out areas for improvement. Although sometimes the assignments are so difficult that I feel like crying, I am always satisfied when I see the final product. After learning typography, I began to pay attention to the billboards on the roadside, and I would stop to look at other designers' typography. Overall, during this 14-week period, I discovered the joy of typography and learned how to create my own fonts, which I found very interesting and taught me to persevere.

Observations:
I've observed that typography is more than just choosing fonts and resizing them. When I do layout design, I find that the spacing between each letter also affects how the reader feels. Proper kerning can make text easier to read and prevent letters from getting too crowded or too spread out. Every detail affects the reader's reading experience. In addition, I usually study and observe the works of other designers, learn their advantages, observe their similarities in their works, and pay attention to their own design.

Findings:
Overall, I think typography is a very interesting course. Although 14 weeks is not a long time to study, I learned a lot of useful knowledge in this course. Through the task and looking up many references, I opened my eyes and improved my aesthetic ability. Many references are worth studying. Typography is a job that requires a lot of attention and sensitivity, and good typography can enhance visual appeal and improve readability and understanding. At the same time, I have accumulated a lot of experience in the actual operation, and have a deeper understanding of how to choose the appropriate font, color and layout according to the characteristics of the content. Talking and observing are both important. To enrich the knowledge base, you need to see more, observe more, and learn more.









Comments

Popular Posts