I went to understand what each project was about and chose what I was most interested in UI/UX.
Week2
Feedback by lecturer:
Action by Student:
I searched a lot of information about UI/UX content and chose my final research goal.
Week3
Feedback by lecturer:
After class, I sent a private message to the teacher on Teams, and the teacher told me that my topic was not clear enough and there was no connection between the goal and the question.
Action by Student:
I carefully read the content of my article, refined my topic, made the title more accurate, and connected my objective with the problem.
Week4
Feedback by lecturer:
I didn't make an appointment with the teacher, but I sent a private message to the teacher's Teams after class and the teacher answered me. Except for your third research objective. It should reflect your title, not a suggestion for improvement. There must be a verb in the title.
Action by Student:
I made some changes to my title and improved my question.
Week5
Feedback by lecturer:
This is the feedback the teacher gave me after class:
In your problem statement and research question, there must be information that you cite from reliable sources to make your argument or discussion valid.
Your research objectives are correct. However, the research questions are incorrect.
The research questions should be consistent with the research objectives; if you have 3 objectives, you should have 3 questions. For example: Research Question 1 is the question you ask in response to Research Objective 1.
Action by Student:
I changed my goal and my questions into three corresponding questions. I also changed the format of my literature citations because my original literature was quite old and not relevant enough.
Week6
Feedback by lecturer:
The teacher said that my Task 1 was very good and the title did not need to be modified. He just asked me to speed up and write Task 2 because it was too slow.
Action by Student:
I quickly browsed through all the literature I found and analyzed it.
Week7
Feedback by lecturer:
The teacher told me that two of the titles of my Critical Review were too similar and I should differentiate them and change the titles to different ones.
Action by Student:
I wrote my article in more detail and reread the literature.
Week8
Feedback by lecturer:
Independent Study Week
Action by Student:
I learned about several methods of survey research, and after research I felt that survey research is more suitable for my thesis research.
Week9
Feedback by lecturer:
Action by Student:
I first browsed a lot of literature and materials provided by the teacher to understand the information contained in the literature. Then I started my first draft.
Week10
Feedback by lecturer:
The teacher said that the questions in my research were difficult to understand and answer, so he asked me to add the question "Are you color blind?" and explain the meaning of some nouns, or add some pictures as explanations.
Action by Student:
I then revised the survey, adding extensive explanations and formatting the responses to the questions to make them easier to understand and answer.
Week11
Feedback by lecturer:
Is it possible to clearly express the degree represented by each number, explain each question clearly, and provide a photo to explain each degree?And clearly indicate what each detailed introduction is about, as participants may not necessarily understand the meaning of this question.
Action by Student:
I replaced the teacher's level with yes or no, attached a picture caption, and explained the meaning in brackets. Then I searched for color-blind users through social media activities and conducted research.
Week12
Feedback by lecturer:
Action by Student:
I began to analyze and discuss the data I collected, and to summarize.
Week13
Feedback by lecturer:
Action by Student:
I started to make slides, using the canvas app, summarizing and analyzing from task 1 to task 3, completing my slides, and using the materials provided by the teacher to complete my slides. Then I started recording the presentation and posted it on YouTube.
Reflection
Experience:
This is my first time writing a research. I have a deep understanding of what parts a research includes and what the content is. I have come into contact with two methods of investigation and research, qualitative and quantitative. At the beginning, I was still confused and didn't know how to start writing this article research. I started with my specialty. Later, I found that many websites have many colors that make it difficult for color blind people to distinguish clearly, because I have studied painting and my friends also have red and green color blindness. This inspired me. The research topic I proposed is the impact of user interface design on the accessibility of color blind users. I am very happy that I have a starting direction. In the process of completing related tasks, I deeply realized that the design concept needs to start from the user's perspective. I also learned how to find literature to prove my point of view and convert the format of APA 7th. At the same time, I have accumulated experience in integrating research results and clearly expressing design concepts, which has given me a more comprehensive understanding of barrier-free design.Through questionnaire research, I found that designs that seem very simple to us, such as color transmission of information and distinction of key functions in the interface, are huge obstacles for them. This data result made me realize that good design is not only visually attractive, but also a kind of fairness and respect for all users. For example, by adding color contrast, text labels and other feedback methods, we can improve user accessibility. This discovery made me re-examine my design concept and realize that barrier-free design is not only a technical issue, but also an attitude and sense of responsibility. This also made me deeply understand the importance of UI design. This learning experience is unforgettable for me. Our weekly progress represents weekly efforts. It is the teacher's guidance and help at every step that helps me put forward the right opinions to guide me to write a qualified article. The completion of the final slides and questionnaires all prove that I am making progress bit by bit.
Observation:
Through this research, I observed that many existing user interfaces, although claiming to meet the barrier-free design standards, are still of limited practicality for color-blind users. The results of the questionnaire survey showed that many websites did not take into account the minority of color-blind users. I observed that many color-blind users prefer simple and intuitive designs with icons to explain the meaning instead of colors. The use of colorful colors will prevent more color-blind users from quickly obtaining important information. However, many applications on the market still tend to cater to the needs of the majority. The pursuit of modern design does not consider the feelings of more people. For example, although the "high contrast mode" of some products technically meets the WCAG guidelines, in actual use, there are still cases where color differentiation is insufficient or other means of information transmission are lacking. This observation made me realize that theoretical compliance with standards cannot completely solve practical problems. When making slides and recording videos, I noticed the importance of visual expression and narrative logic for content communication, especially when using simple words to express important content and results, clear logic is very important. However, due to my poor oral pronunciation, when completing the speech video, I lost confidence and was frustrated because I mispronounced words many times and re-recorded many times. But fortunately, after many contacts, I was finally able to deliver a complete speech and introduce my slides.
Findings:
In the process of completing this task, I encountered many challenges, but also gained a lot. Data analysis and summary is a difficult process. I need to closely link all the results with the research objectives and questions, which requires me to repeatedly sort out the data to ensure rigorous logic and coherent content. When making presentations, I strive to compress complex information into concise and clear visual elements while maintaining the beauty and logic of the slides, which puts new requirements on my ability to extract information and design level. In addition, recording the speech video is a major challenge. I need to express the research content clearly in fluent English, which puts a comprehensive test on my language expression and grammar mastery. Although I encountered many difficulties in the initial recording, through continuous practice and adjustment, I gradually overcame the obstacles and finally completed the task confidently. This experience gave me a deeper understanding of the research process, which not only improved my academic ability, but also enhanced my resilience and confidence in the face of difficulties. I deeply realized that research is not only the accumulation of knowledge, but also a comprehensive exercise of thinking ability and problem-solving ability. At the same time, it also made me understand the importance and significance of barrier-free design.
Comments
Post a Comment