Illustration & Visual Narrative task 3

 Illustration & Visual Narrative

Task 3

NAME:ZHANGWANRU

I.D: 0368214

COURSE:Bachelor of Design in Creative Media/Taylor‘s University

Animated Album Cover (Fly Me To The Moon)
I first felt the emotion expressed in the song, and I also searched the background of the lyrics of the song. Then I looked on Pinterest for some references.

fig.3.1 references 

This is the line draft before I colored it.

fig. 3.2 outline

Fig 3.3 Album Cover

Rationale:
This image depicts a scene filled with fantasy and dreamlike qualities. In the picture, a little girl holds a bunch of balloons, as if she is about to fly towards a giant full moon. The background is a deep blue night sky, dotted with stars and clouds, creating a tranquil and mysterious atmosphere. The moon occupies the central position of the image, appearing especially bright and large, symbolizing dreams and hope. The text "fly me to the moon" in the lower left corner echoes the theme of the image, expressing the pursuit of freedom and dreams. The silhouette of the little girl contrasts with the black withered tree, enhancing the depth and visual impact of the image. The overall color scheme, dominated by blues and blacks, gives a sense of tranquility and profundity, while also carrying a hint of mystery and fairy-tale-like quality.
initial storyline, ideas + sketches
Fig.initial storyline, ideas + sketches



ANIMATIONS:
Fig. final animation gif

Update:



the GIF:



Comic cover and Animated One Page intro

A motion comic (or animated comic) is a form of animation combining elements of print comic books and animation. Individual panels are expanded into a full shot while sound effects, voice acting, and animation are added to the original artwork. (wikipedia)

https://poestories.com/stories.php

You are to select a story from the short stories of Edgar Allan Poe and you are to create:

1. Comic Cover Page
2. Animated One Page Intro

Animated scope:
1. Parallax (to create depth)
2. Secondary Action
3. Animated Background

I first read the examples given by the teacher, and then I probably read all the articles, and finally chose the black cat as my topic.


Fig.sketch
I didn't know how many of the initial sketches I was going to put in, and when I found out I had to make changes.


Then I used the pens in Adobe illustration to paint my final draft.

Fig.final
poster:


Animated GIF:
REFLECTION:

This term goes by very quickly. Using Adobe illustration and Photoshop was new in the beginning.
When I was in high school, I heard the names of these software and I was still on Tiktok and Bilibili, and the designers used these software programs to create an incredible artwork. I think these software is very complicated. However, under the guidance of my teacher, I gradually linked the tools used in these software projects and got familiar with the uses of these tools. These tools are very convenient and fast to use. These are not the most baffling to me, the most upsetting thing is inspiration, as a student with an art school, inspiration is a necessary condition. However, my inspiration is very low, so in the future I will look more at life and the benefits of good work on PInterest. But I am very grateful to the teachers and students for their support, they let me learn a lot this semester.

In my work with Adobe illustration, I've learned that paths are important. By using the pen tool to make our designs and then mixing them together using masks, we can design amazing pieces. Adobe illustration is incredibly intuitive and capable, often limited only by our own imagination. At the same time, I also use photoshop to make GIF effect, my album is made by using software, this software is very convenient to use, I can make the same photo, different poses into animation effect, very interesting. However, this time, I created comic using After Effect. At first, I felt that it was very difficult. At first, I needed to understand how to use the tools in it.

All in all, these programs are just a small part of the Adobe suite, and these are just the tools I've been familiar with this semester. My goal is to become more proficient with these tools in the future and develop a unique style in my work. I also found my own shortcomings, lack of observation of the life around me, it is difficult to accurately design a good work, I also know that this is a very good experience for me, I will practice more, observe the shortcomings, and change the shortcomings into advantages.



















Comments

Popular Posts