Illustration & Visual Narrative weekly exercise task 1 & task 2
Illustration & Visual Narrative weekly exercise
task 1 & task 2
Week4
Because he likes eating nuts very much, so I named him Nutty.And then I designed the background for it.
However, I was not very satisfied with the background of this initial design, because I thought that the background was too simple and there was no sense of hierarchy before and after, so I made changes again.
24/4/2024 - 5/6/2024 (Week 1 - Week 7)
NAME:ZHANGWANRU
I.D: 0368214
COURSE:Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
1.LECTURES
Week1
In the first class, the teacher canceled this class for us, but I got to know the main content of this course through the PDF sent by the teacher and the Google browser.
Character Design Basic
Style design
The basic character design is to spell out the design with graphics, to use some graphics to represent the object and then to de-detail it.
ICONIC~Stylised designed characters are often iconic that you can immediately recognise them even in black silhouttes!
SIMPLICITY~This is because the simplicity of the design allows viewers to digest and understand the purpose of the characters easily.
UNIQUE~which in return makes them unique characters that are not only memorable, but makes an impact on the viewers.
SHAPES
Color
Different colors give people different emotional
impressions, and it is easy for the audience to
resonate.
week2
This week, we have a briefing on how to use the Pen Tool. In this
briefing, we learned the various uses and tricks of the pen tool. In
addition to this, we also have a game to help us better learn how to use
the pen tool.
fig . Vormator Elements
fig.the game
The use of light and dark to create the illusion of
three-dimensional volume on a flat surface.
Positive Space: Refers to subject matter or object of interest in
a visual.
Negative Space: Refers to the filled space or background that
surround subject matter or object of interest in visual.
Week3
~Visual Narrative :the visuals in the
scene complements all aspect of the narrative.
~Visual Flow : the scene has clear flow of
visual that directs viewer's eyes.
~Visual Balance :the visuals in arrange to balance the composition in
the scene.
~Visual Hierarchy: the visuals are arrange in such ways that
directs viewer's eyes to specific details first.
Mr. Hafiz taught us how to make light and dark contrast. We learned about
light and shadow. And how to use knife tool.
fig . Chiaroscuro
CONSTRUCT PERSPECTIVES
We continued the Chiaroscuro.
Fore, Mid and Background
~FOREGROUND: Objects that are nearest to the viewer.
~MIDDLE-GROUND: Objects in between foreground and background.
~BACKGROUND: Objects that are the furthest away from the viewer.
The class was canceled.Then I watched Hafiz's previous ppt.
Week7
We learned about the clipping mask and compound path.
Fig . Clipping Mask & Compound Path
Week10
INSTRUCTIONS
Task
1. Vormator Challenge
I want to form the demon monster in my heart according to the
graphics given by the teacher.
2. Pokemon Card
The teacher asked me to design Pokemon, but instead of using the
original design, I designed a Pokemon based on a small squirrel,
because I often meet them near my home and I like this little animal
very much.
Fig.Main character
Because he likes eating nuts very much, so I named him Nutty.And then I designed the background for it.
Fig .background
However, I was not very satisfied with the background of this initial design, because I thought that the background was too simple and there was no sense of hierarchy before and after, so I made changes again.
Fig. pokemon card
Description:Nutty is a flexible, inquisitive Pokemon that looks harmless to humans and animals, has a silly, white, sweet feel, and is known for its long body and fluffy tail. It can use its agility to detect its surroundings and can quickly escape danger. Nutty has a keen eye and is able to spot hidden objects or traps, making him a great companion for expeditions. Despite his unassuming appearance, Nutty can be a reliable and loyal partner in battles and adventures.
















Comments
Post a Comment